Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Dichotomy

Too big to be among the least of these...
Yet too small for you to notice me...
The water is too shallow to drown in, no...
Yet just deep enough that I can't stand.
Not lonely enough to be able to ask for your hand
But just enough so that it hurts like hell. 

And people die when they drive down
The middle of the road
Not quite on either side
Just crashed into the median
Not quite going up in smoke
Yet somehow fully engulfed and it's
Too little
Too late
Yet somehow too much too soon and I hate
This horrible
Beautiful
Dichotomy.

Like that moment that's not quite day
But no longer night
It's that imaginary shade of gray
Between the black and white and it's
Not something wrong but at the same time
We all know it isn't right.
Oh, God save all of us -

Cause it feels like we might die
Standing in the middle of the road
Not quite on either side
Just lying on the median
We're not going up in smoke
And yet we're fully engulfed
And it's just
Too little
Too late
Too much too soon
And I hate
This terrible
Wonderful
Horrible
Beautiful

Dichotomy that stands between
My flesh and blood
And your light and your Son
It's where the rule book meets
The aching heart inside of me
That can't quite seem to see how I won't

Die driving down the middle of the road
Not quite on either side
Just bleeding on the median and I am
Not going up in smoke
I'm simply fully engulfed
Is it just too little too late?
Too much too soon?
Oh God I hate
This terrible
Beautiful
Dichotomy.

No comments:

Post a Comment